Creamy pea risotto
Almond milk gives this risotto an additional creamy taste and texture without adding any dairy products. This is an awesome vegan risotto as you cannot tell the cheese is missing!
1 tablespoon oil, extra
1 leek, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups Arborio rice
1 l So Good™ Almond Milk Unsweetened
1 cup boiling water
2 x 10g vegetable stock cubes
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup rocket leaves
- Heat oil in a cast iron pot and saute leek and garlic until tender.
- Stir through Arborio rice.
- Place almond milk and stock cubes in a pan and bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Gradually add almond mixture to rice 1/2 cup at a time until absorbed, then repeat until almond mixture is used. Continue adding boiling water gradually until risotto is creamy and liquid absorbed. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Add peas, turn off heat and leave over element with lid on for 5 minutes. Divide risotto between bowls and top with rocket & lemon zest. Serves 6.
- Massel stock cubes have been used in this recipe and they contain no animal ingredients and are lactose free.