These naturally sweetened balls with a burst of peppermint. Great for anyone reducing the amount of refined sugar in their diet.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup natural cashews
- 150g medjool dates, seeded
- ¼ cup cacao or cocoa
- ¼ cup black chia seeds
- 1 tsp peppermint essence
- 2 tbs water
- Place all ingredients except water in food processor and process until mixture is fine.
- Gradually add enough water while still processing until mixture comes together.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and mix well.
- Form mixture into balls. Store in refrigerator in a glass jar.
- Vary the nuts used in the recipe according to what you have in the cupboard and remove peppermint flavour if desired.