These designer vegan tacos use a creative ingredient called jackfruit, resulting in a shredded chicken appearance. This easy to prepare weeknight dish will satisfy all from vegan to meat eater!
1 tbs oil
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tps cumin seeds
1 small onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp paprika
2 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
2 x 400g cans young jackfruit drained and thinly sliced
1 tbs chopped fresh coriander
8 small tortillas
- Heat frypan and dry fry seeds for a few minutes until flavour is released. Remove from pan.
- Add oil to pan and saute onion and garlic until onion is soft.
- Stir through paprika and cherry tomatoes. Saute for 1 min.
- Fold through jackfruit and simmer mixture for 5 mins stirring continuously to shred the jackfruit.
- Divide mixture between warmed tortillas and topped with avocado, charred corn and lime.
- Fresh jackfruit can be purchased for this recipe but canned jackfruit is easy to use.
- To produce a shredded texture and appearance you can use a potato masher to break up the jackfruit while cooking.