These muffins combine the goodness of apples, carrots, sultanas and pecan nuts. Try them for the perfect back to school lunchbox treat!
- 1 ½ cups natural muesli
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup carrot, grated, firmly packed
- 1 large green apple, grated
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup pecan nuts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup So Good Regular soy milk
- Place muesli, flour, sugar, carrot, apple, sultanas and pecans into a large bowl. Combine eggs, oil and milk. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased 24 cup mini muffin tin or a 12 cup regular muffin tin.
- Bake in a moderately hot oven, 190°C for 25 minutes for the mini muffins and 30 minutes for the regular sized muffins. Serves 36 mini or 12 large muffins.
- These muffins combine the goodness of apples, carrots, sultanas and pecan nuts – all of which supply fibre, vitamins and other nutrients. Choose a good oil, such as light olive oil, to ensure your family receives the healthier monounsaturated fats.
- Nutrition analysis has been completed on one individual mini muffin.